Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe: Beef Enchiladas

*I adapted this recipe from one I found at cooks.com. I forgot to take pictures while I was preparing these, but I'll definitely make them over and over again, so I'll upload pictures next time I make them. Important to note: This is the first thing I've made that HubbyButt actually had seconds of!*

Beef Enchiladas

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (can substitute cooked and shredded chicken)
3/4 cup onions
1 recipe Enchilada sauce
Pinch of cumin
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olives, chopped
Grated cheese (cheddar, jack work well)
Tortillas
Directions
1. Saute meat and onions until meat is crumbly and onions are limp.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, cumin, and salt. Simmer 30 minutes.
3. While mixture is simmering, soft fry tortillas in oil. Drain on paper towels.
4. Dip fried tortillas in remaining enchilada sauce, coating both sides.
5. Add ripe olives to meat mixture.
6. Divide the stuffing (meat mixture) among tortillas, add cheese. Roll and place seam down in prepared baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with grated cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment