Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm back!

Bad mommy blogger! I know it's been a long time since my last post, and so much has changed! The biggest change, of course, is the addition of Princess (who will be known as Monkey from here on out) to our family! She is such a sweet blessing! I'm staying home for now, and not planning to go back until January, as I said in a previous post, and even then I'll only be working part-time.

Monkey was born September 8th at 1:43 pm after 17 hours of labor and 3 and a half hours of pushing. She weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 20 inches long. She's perfect in every way and is getting bigger and bigger every minute. HubbyButt is in love with his little girl and is doing his best to make sure I get enough sleep to be able to function during the day.

I'm really starting to get into a stay-at-home routine, and am dreading going back to work. After spending two weeks visiting my parents and grandparents up north (after my parents had been here for 3 weeks!), Monkey and I are finally home and have fallen into a nice pattern. We wake up between 8 and 9 in the morning, eat breakfast, and Mommy takes a shower while Daddy hangs out with Monkey and eats his breakfast. Around 10:30, we take Daddy to work and Monkey falls asleep in her carseat; we usually get home around noon. When we get home, Monkey wakes up and she eats lunch. After her lunch today, we went into her room and played for a little while, then I read her "Love You Forever" (and cried) and put her in her crib, as she was nodding off in my arms. I turned on some music for her (she really likes Bach) and left the room. It's now 3:30 and she's still sleeping in there (this is a first)! I'll wake her up in a few minutes.

Once she wakes up, we'll play for a while and take a whole bunch of pictures, then I'll put her in her bouncy chair and set her up in the kitchen so I can start prepping dinner (we're having chicken, rice, and salad tonight, so it'll be easy). Once dinner is ready to pop in the oven, we'll watch the news, Monkey will have another bottle, and then go pick up Daddy from work. Monkey will fall asleep between 6 and 7, but wake up as soon as we get home with Daddy, usually around 8. Daddy and Monkey will play while I finish dinner, and then Mommy and Daddy will eat before Monkey has another bottle and knocks out for the night.

Monkey will usually wake back up around midnight, and then again around 4:30, and she'll eat a little bit but then go right back to sleep.

I love our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment