Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 16: A Song That Makes Me Cry

I have a few answers for this one. Being in my third trimester (Princess will be here in about 2 months!), EVERYTHING makes me cry! The song that instantly came to mind is by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's called "Cinderella" and it makes HubbyButt cry too. The song is a daddy singing about important moments in his baby girl's life and how important it is to take every advantage of every chance to dance with his baby and hold her in his arms and just let her know how loved she is. You can see the official video here. When we first found out I was pregnant, we were really hoping for a boy, and then this song came on the radio and we both started crying. I remember HubbyButt saying that someday he'd like to have a little girl to dance with, and that's when my heart really changed to desiring a girl - and that's what God has blessed us with! I almost think that song was God's way of telling us we were having a little princess, long before that could be seen on an ultrasound. As soon as HubbyButt said what he did, I knew that I was having a sweet little girl (this happened at about 9 weeks along).

The second song is also about dancing. "Skin" by Rascal Flatts makes me cry every single time. HubbyButt had never heard it until a few weeks ago, and he started crying listening to it. I can only pray our family is never touched by serious disease; and that if we are, God would give us the grace and strength to get through it as a family. Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment