Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 4: My Favorite Book


Grrr! Another broad topic! I've read so many great books, I don't know if I can pick one favorite. I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, but I've also read all the Twilight books. I've also read quite a few books by Ayn Rand, which I really enjoyed, although I don't quite agree with everything she stands for. In fact, I think one of my favorite non-series books is her novel We The Living, which is the closest she ever got to an autobiography. There's just something ... almost haunting about the way she writes and develops her characters and plots. Although her books are really long, they suck you in and you get totally absorbed in the world she creates in them. I mean, Atlas Shrugged is 1069 pages (the copy I own, anyway) and takes months to read (I think I read it in five months?), but is totally worth the time and effort! Plus, if you're looking for scholarship money and have the motivation to sit down and read either Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead, The Ayn Rand Institute holds an essay contest every year.

I'm always looking for new books to read, so let me know of any recommendations! I've got maternity leave coming up, and I'll have a full month between leaving work and starting mommy-hood (well, I'm supposed to anyway...), during which time it'll be way too hot to do anything but read, so give me some ideas!

Also, HubbyButt isn't home and I can't figure out how to link through the photo! If anyone could PLEASE tell me how to do that, I would REALLY appreciate the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment