Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Amazing What A Vacuum Can Do

Confession time: I've never been a fan of vacuums. Until I started using them, when I was about 12, I was terrified of them. I would leave the room, or even leave the house, whenever my mom started that evil sucker up. Now that I'm all grown up, I honestly don't vacuum nearly as often as I should, but Monkey has proven that she can move herself around, so I'll have to start doing this most dreaded task daily.

In fact, just this morning I vacuumed the living room. It made such a huge difference! First off, I had to pick all the toys and blankets up off the floor, and then getting all the yucky stuff that we drag around the house just transformed the room! Yes, it's still cluttered, especially the table and the couch, but it looks so so so much cleaner!

I really do feel more relaxed and like a better wife and mom when my house feels clean and is somewhat tidy (I don't like everything to be perfect, because what fun is that?). I feel like I'm more able to focus on having fun with my daughter and like HubbyButt can come home from work and relax and focus on his family, rather than trying to find somewhere to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment