Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Diaper Is Finally Finished!

A few weeks ago I posted about making a cloth diaper using the Rita's Rump Pocket pattern. I couldn't figure out how to put the elastic in, so I put the project on hold.

Until today.

A fellow cloth diapering momma on BabyCenter posted a link to this tutorial. The directions are well-written and easy to understand as long as you look closely at the pictures. I love the idea of using a safety pin to pull the elastic through the casing; it makes it easy to guide it through, and tacking it down at the end is wonderful.

Since this was my first time doing it, I didn't know how large or small to make the leg openings. They ended up being a bit too large, but I'm sure Monkey will grow into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment