Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holy moly, have we been busy! The last week has just been soooo full of activities outside of the house, yet our house is a disaster, how does that happen?!

Yeah, that's spit-up on my shoulder.
Last Tuesday, we got Monkey's baby pictures done at the JCPenney Portrait studio and we picked up the prints and birth announcements we picked today. I am so pleased with how they came out; they're excellent quality and they really captured Monkey's personality (except she refused to smile the whole time). I was also very happy with the price; when we scheduled our appointment, they told us to check out their website before we came in, and to print off the coupons. We did and we saved SO much! Not only was Monkey's sitting free, we got an 8x10 free AND half off the ENTIRE ORDER. We ended up getting I think 5 8x10s, 4 5x7s, some 4x6s and wallets and we paid under a hundred dollars.

On Thursday, we had our first playdate ever. It was so much fun that we planned another one for just yesterday, hehe. There are 3 baby babies, a 1 year old, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 10 year old in our group, so we've got a good range of ages. It's so fun to meet new people and I'm really enjoying getting to know the ladies and their kiddos. I've really hit it off with one of the moms, she's from overseas and her daughter is just a doll! Monkey adores both of them as well, and is even beginning to recognize their names and faces.

Friday, Monkey was a holy terror! She screamed all day, but stopped as soon as we got to the bowling alley, so I'm pretty sure she was just lonely; we'd been around big groups of people all week and suddenly it was just the two of us again. Monkey ended up spending the night with grandma and grandpa on Friday, so that Mommy and Daddy could get some sleep. She did really well and only woke up one time. I had a hard time falling asleep, though, since my sweet baby wasn't near me. I'm so used to hearing the sound of her sleeping that the house seemed too quiet for me.

Yesterday was Monkey's 2 month birthday! I really can't believe it's been so long already, and how big she's gotten so quickly. She's holding her head up and looking around a lot, and she started rolling over last Wednesday, the day she was 8 weeks old. She's only done it twice, once Wednesday morning and once this morning, but she can do it!

So that's a quick update on us. I just felt like I needed to post something, since it's been quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment